Words cannot express our gratitude for your willingness to offer a class at the BEACON CO-OP. Without you, our co-op would not be as thriving as it is!
The deadline for applications HAS BEEN EXTENDED to February 14th!
Classes may be taught in both a traditional class setting or in a cooperative format where families come together to offer classes together. Elementary & some middle school classes will be requested to have parent assistants.
Classes are typically 45, 55, 85 mins long and parents typically pay around:
- $0-25 for Elementary
- $25-40 for Middle School
- $25-55 for High School
You may also choose to barter with other lead learners' student enrollments. Classes that are considered above our average cost will require additional review and explanation as we seek to keep the costs down for our students. You also set the number of students required to teach the class. Some of our lead learners will tutor 1:1, while others feel they need at least four or so to teach the class.
We are accepting teacher applications for the 2022-23 School year now, just click the Apply Now button above. Lead Learner fees will equal 10% of the net tuition charged to all active students on the official roster. The total is due the next Wednesday after tuition is collected (Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Jan, Feb, Mar, April). Fees are made payable to the BEACON Co-Op. Scholarships and discounts may be given to families at your discretion, and fees will be based on net tuition received after scholarships and discounts within reason.
- As a LEAD LEARNER, you are committed to the standards of BEACON'S statement of Faith, worldview, and code of conduct
- Our group is firmly grounded in education from a Biblical worldview. The learning environment and materials used reflect the character of Christ and Christian values. We believe that with parents rests the sole responsibility for the care, training, and education of their children (Deuteronomy 6:4-9). We believe that all education is religious in nature since one’s worldview is inevitably involved in all teaching. (Pr 2:1-8, 3:1-2, 6:20-33) Every disciple of knowledge, whether such as mathematics, science, history will have its final reference point a theistic or humanistic view of reality, and there is no neutral academic discipline. (Col 1:15-20; 2:8-15)
- Lead learners are also agreeing to the following guidelines upon submitting a class application:
- Being committed, as much as possible, to teach your class each week and safeguarding your assigned teaching time, preventing minimum disruption of classes. Recurring absences will result in the Board reconsidering your membership status
- Should you need to miss a teaching day complete the following
- Coordinate first with your substitute assistant to teach your class for the day,
- Seek another replacement via a parent or other teacher
- Lastly, notify the BEACON at 210-480-8872 and/or [email protected]
Thank you again from the bottom of our hearts,
- Starting Points
- Worldview I
- Physical Science
- Elementary Science
- Math Labs
- Lower Elementary Reading/Writing