Welcome the Beacon's Registration Process
Please follow the instructions below to register and enroll in classes.
Step #1: Register your family
Click the image below to view a tutorial on registration.
- In the top right corner, click on the little person icon with the + next to it (or the text that says "Join" on a computer). CLICK HERE to go there now. (opens in a new window)
- Read the "TERMS OF SERVICE" and check the box.
- Enter all personal information thereafter.
- Primary is usually the main Co-Op parent
- Secondary is usually a spouse or other authorized guardian
- Add a child if necessary
- If you are a teacher only, click the red trash can.
- Add additional children as needed by clicking on the green plus sign next to "Add Child".
- Check the boxes that apply to your account/family
- Show child Infor to Other Families
- Board Members
- New 2022 Families
- Returning Families
- Beacon Instructor
- Read the next few sections clearly. This will ensure that you receive the pertinent information ASAP. Make sure you check yes on the following:
- Weekly Email Update
- Forum Emails
- Many Emails
- Click the "I'm not a robot reCAPTCHA and follow the directions therein.
- Click continue.
- After requesting membership, we will contact you to schedule your family interview. Please be on the lookout for an email. After the interview, your membership will be approved or denied.
Step #2: Enrollment students in Classes
Click the image below to watch a tutorial.
Once you receive the approval email you may do the following:
- Login to your new Beacon membership account.
- Click the drop-down arrow under "Start HERE"
- Click on Enrollment. Or CLICK HERE to go there now. (opens in a new window)
- If you are on a mobile phone turn your phone horizontally to view the Class Matrix.
- Classes/Events are arranged by time slot horizontally.
- You can click on class titles to view descriptions of the classes.
- You can click on a teacher's name for the expanded view to learn more about them.
- You may filter the class matrix view as necessary by clicking on the bolded "T Filters" button in the top right under the
- Check the box next to the student(s) name if you wish to register them for that class. (This only works if the class is age-appropriate for your student(s).
- Click register
- A confirmation message should pop up, when successful.
- Repeat steps 5-6 as many times as necessary until you have all the classes your student(s) need.
- You may review your family's registrations by clicking on "Manage Class Registrations" (next to the filter button) under Class Registration Title in the top right.
Step #3 (Instructors only)
Click the image below to view a tutorial for instructors only.
- Click the Instructor dashboard or class you want to edit.
- Anything with the little pencil icon can be edited.
- If you would like something fixed or edited on your Instructor page please let us know. Whatever is present is what we received from your teacher application.
- You can click on classes under the enrollment (class matrix) view to edit descriptions, add assignments, grades, media, websites, take attendance, etc.
- You may add media to assignments, the Instructional media tab, or both. Examples for these may look something like this:
- Google Classroom links to a folder in both the Instructional Media tab and on a repeated assignment tab because it is something you may use weekly.
- A youtube link about cloud formations is added to an assignment listing on the Assignment tab.
- Syllabus (under Instructional Media tab)